Have you ever thought about the five love languages when planning a long-distance date?
If you’re not familiar with the concept, love languages refers to the reality that people give and receive love in different ways. Learning the primary language of your long-distance boyfriend can help you understand how to care for him. Check out this guide to learn how to identify his love language.
Video calls over Skype or Facetime are prime times to show you care for your long-distance boyfriend. Whether you like it or not, video calls are the main opportunities you have to speak his love language.
Some love languages are easier to speak from a distance than others, but none of them are impossible. Put the concept of love languages into action during your next long-distance date with these ideas:
- Acts of Service: Help him with a project he’s working on, such as editing a paper or searching for an apartment with him.
- Physical Touch: Give your boyfriend a homemade blanket or stuffed animal to cuddle with whenever you call.
- Quality Time: Ask about his best and worst childhood memories, and follow up with curious questions to show you’re listening.
- Words of Affirmation: Spend five minutes talking about what you appreciate about him or her. If you’re feeling creative, write a song or poem to express your love!
- Gifts: Arrange for a gift to be delivered while you’re calling. Another idea would be to send a few gifts in advance. You can have him open one every time you call each other.
If you want more ideas, you can also explore this list of 16 long-distance date ideas.
Did you try one of these ideas? Send a direct message to datingatadistance on Instagram and let us know it went!