If you’re struggling to come up with Skype date ideas, you’re not alone.
When my husband and I were dating at a distance, we were always on the hunt for clean and creative Skype date ideas. Making memories in our video calls helped us fight off discouragement.
If you’re the talking type, save this list of 225 questions to help you spark deeper conversations. Shared activities are another great way to connect with each other in a long-distance relationship, so try out some of these 16 long-distance date ideas during your next Skype date or video call.
16 Skype Date Ideas for Long-Distance Relationships
1. Dress up and eat dinner together
2. Create a playlist of your favorite songs
3. Work your way through 225 questions for deeper conversations
4. Bake something at the same time
5. Play a free online two-player game, like Settlers of Catan
6. Speak in an accent for the entire call
7. Read a book out loud together
8. Plan your next visit together on a Google Doc
9. Play Pictionary or hangman on Google Drawings
10. Try a DIY craft from Pinterest
11. Study the Bible together
12. Tell each other knock-knock jokes
13. Write a song or poem together
14. Browse a comedy website together
15. Create a Pinterest board for a far-off destination
16. Solve an online puzzle together
P.S. Did you know deeper communication is one of the benefits of a long-distance relationship? Learn why here.
Tips for the Less Fun Times in a Long-Distance Relationship
While long-distance dates can be the exciting highlights of distance dating, most of the time you spend apart isn’t fun at all.
When you select an answer from the box below, I’ll send you articles and resources to encourage you in that specific situation. I’ve been where you are now, and I know how hard it is. I’ll share what I’ve learned about pursuing Christ practically in the throes of sadness and despair.
Long-distance relationships are hard, but they’re not hopeless, and you’re not alone. Stay connected by responding to the question below.